Sunday 16 November 2014

Make Up For Glasses Wearers

People wear glasses for a number of reasons such as vision, comfort and fashion. 
Being a fairly statement piece to be wearing on your face any makeup application may be masked or less noticeable, leading to features that you like to highlight being hidden away instead.

I've personally needed to wear glasses since the age of seven, and until recently I've completely hated the fact that I don't have 20/20 vision. I've always disliked the way glasses would mask my eyes and especially make any eye make up less visible. This led to me overusing and over wearing contact lenses for many years, something which my eyes have not thanked me for.

Having recently invested in a new pair of glasses I'm determined to find a way to make them work for me so I can feel comfortable wearing them out in public!

So what have I been doing in terms of makeup?

  1. SUBTLE BROWS IF YOUR BROWS ARE DARK- like many others I'm obsessed with the perfect brow! I've learnt however that if you have darker brows when it comes to wearing glasses less is more. The especially applies if like me your frame are fairly bold. toning down your brows will avoid a overly harsh look.
  2. STRUCTURED BROWS IF YOUR BROWS ARE LIGHT - Brows help to frame our faces, so if  your natural brows are very light, filling them in as you normally would do if you weren't going to wear glasses is important to maintain your normal daily face structure. 
  3. WINGED LINER - I'm a big fan of a neat wing, but if I'm not wearing glasses I can get away with skipping this step if I'm in a rush. However if I want to wear my glasses, adding winged liner really helps to open up my eyes and stops them from getting lost in my frames.
  4. CLEAN WATERLINE - Normally I add a black Kohl pencil in my waterline, but leaving it bare when wearing glasses again helps open up the eyes, making them more noticeable.
  5. MASCARA - Don't forget to add a couple of coats of your favourite mascara to finish things off. With or without glasses I feel like mascara makes a massive difference in terms on making your eyes a stand out feature!
OPTIONAL:
  1. CONTOUR - My frames for example are very square and rather big, so contouring my face adds structure to the rest of my face and helps balance everything out. 
  2. BRIGHTER LIP - Adding a bit of colour to the lips can really finish off your look. A nude would suit too, but the brighter lip doesn't have to be a daring red or a bright pink. Something like a rosy tinted lipbalm would really help bring the look together. A favourite of mine are the korres lip butters.
    What are your tips for make up application when wearing glasses?


2 comments:

  1. you're so pretty! X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyeliner looks soo good, I wish I had a steadier hand! x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails